This entry-level course is aimed at programmers who are new to Java and who need to learn its concepts, language constructs, and data types. Included in the agenda are topics on exception handling, lambda expressions, and modular programming.
The course is designed for programmers who will apply these language skills to develop programs using the latest major versions of the JDK. Students practice the skills learned in each lesson through hands-on labs.
Prerequisites, Goals and Objectives
The following are what the delegate should have to attend the course
Aimed at those who have a keen interest to learn the JAVA programming language as well as those programmers who are new to JAVA and would love to learn its concepts, language constructs, and data types.
The outcomes from this course are below
- Access and create static fields and methods
- Create simple Java classes and use object references to access fields and methods in a class
- Define and implement a simple class hierarchy that supports application requirements
- Demonstrate polymorphism by implementing a Java interface
- Encapsulate a class using access modifiers and overloaded constructors
- Handle a checked exception in a Java application
- Identify modular programming principles
- Manipulate numeric, text, and string data using appropriate Java operators
- Set environment variables to allow the Java compiler and runtime executables to function properly
- Write Java code that uses variables, arrays, conditional and loop constructs of achieve program objectives
Available Course Offerings
Book your place now