This course follows on from the topics and concepts learned from Introduction to Java course. It rounds-out the topics that were taught in the previous course and provides additional key skills for Java programmers, such as secure coding, modular programming, and database access.
This course is well suited to those who would take their Java learning a bit deeper.
Prerequisites, Goals and Objectives
The following are what the delegate should have to attend the course
Aimed at those who have a keen interest to learn the JAVA programming language as well as those programmers who are new to JAVA and would love to learn its concepts, language constructs, and data types.
The outcomes from this course are below
- Apply modular programming practices and services to applications
- Create applications that use the Java Collections framework
- Create high-performing multi-threaded applications
- Execute a Java application from the command line
- Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems using the JDK NIO.2 specification
- Perform multiple operations on database tables, including creating, reading, updating and deleting using both JDBC and JPA technology
- Search and filter collections using Lambda Expressions
- Use Lambda Expression concurrency features
Available Course Offerings
Book your place now